Summer may be only half over but now’s the time to start thinking about your back to school list, especially if you’re going away to college.
No doubt you’ve got a million things to do, but add these tips for contact lenses and eye care to your to-do list. They’ll save you time, hassle and money later.
1) Get an up to date eye exam and prescription from your local eye care practitioner. Going to your home eye doc instead of a doc in a new town has its advantages. Make sure your Rx for contact lenses and glasses is up-to-date, get them on paper, and take them with you to college!
2) Have your eye doctor write a prescription for colored contacts if you want to try them. The prescription will specify the brand, such as Freshlook Colorblends. Colorblends is a good brand to have a prescription handy for because there are 11 different colors to try.
3) Order new glasses, an extra pair, or reading glasses now so you have them before you move. You can buy a new set of glasses with lenses included for as little as $38 so there’s no reason why you can’t get a few pairs in some funky frames.
4) Stock up on six months worth of contact lenses. this is the cheapest way to buy contacts although it’ll cost you more up front. Most online retailers give great discounts for volume purchases.
Back To School Sale. Save 10% to 25% off contact lenses at AC Lens. Offer ends 8/31/2011.
5) Stock up on lens solution and extra lens cases. Sure, you can buy these at drugstore sales, but if there’s a brand you like, you can probably get a better deal buying a few extra bottles online.
Got any more movin’ away or back to school tips? Let us know!