Thinking of taking a bite out of Halloween this year? We recommend NOT waiting until five minutes before your Halloween bash to get your vampire fangs fitted.
This great video from fumsmusings gives you the easy step by step for fitting Scarecrow Vampire Fangs. These are the fangs we recommend every year and sell the most of through our partner BuyCostumes.com.
Here what you need to do, including a few steps you won’t find in the Scarecrow fangs instructions.
1) Scarecrow fangs come in their widely recognized coffin packaging, but inside you get a handy little plastic case for storing your fangs. When you first open the box, check each tooth for rough spots. Press them up against your eye teeth to see if any of the outside edges rub uncomfortably against your gums. If there are any touchy spots, just take an emery board or nail file and gently file the outside edge of the tooth.
When the edges are smooth, and you’ve checked them for comfort against your own teeth, you’re ready to mix the adhesive.
The adhesive comes in two parts: individual capsules and a small vial of liquid glue.
2) Using the plastic storage container, carefully open one capsule and empty the powder contents into it. Next add five drops of liquid into the powder. Using the stir sticks provided, mix around the compound until you get a mushy, chewing gum like ball of adhesive.
3) Using a cotton swab, ensure that the plastic fang is dry and your own tooth is dry.
4) Using the stir stick, scoop out the adhesive and carefully fill the inner cavity of the fang. Gently press the fang against your tooth. Don’t worry of some of the glue oozes out around the edges. Leave the fang in place for about five minutes, allowing the adhesive to set and mold to your tooth. Don’t wiggle it too soon!
5) After five minutes, give it a light jiggle and the tooth should come off easily.
6) Next, with either nail clippers or small scissors, carefully trim the egdges of the fang where excess glue is showing. Then take your nail file again and file the edges down until the edges are smooth once again. That’s it!
7) Do the same for the other fang, using a second capsule and five drops of liquid adhesive. You’re all set!
Of course, since this is Color Me Contacts, don’t forget to pair your fangtastic new smile with vampire contacts. Our favorites are Vampire Gold, named for the Twilight Vampires a la Edward Cullen and friends.
If you’re more vampire classic, go Vampire Red.
More great tips:
Don’t forget, you can use these fangs over and over again.